Dress: Rachel Parcell Collection | Shoes: Steve Madden, old. Similar (and on sale) Here | Bag: Kate Spade (on sale with additional 30% off!!) | Lips: MAC Captive
Film done by: Savvy Films @savvy.films (she is so amazing!)
I want to get to know my followers a little more so I figured I would start by taking the opportunity to introduce myself and answer a few FAQ:
1. My name is Megan, but everyone calls me Meg or Meg Ricks which is where my blog name came from, my family calls me Gigi or Meggy.
2. I live in Utah. Everyone thinks I live in NYC because I lived there for a photography internship and dance for 4 months. But, I am in fact based in Utah. I’m a very frequent NYC traveler though, I’ve been there twice in the last few months and am headed there again next month!
3. I am a dancer and have been since I was 3 years old! I competed very competitively from 6th grade on, and spent my summers dancing in NYC (I know the city very well haha). Then danced on my college Dance Team, my college contemporary company, and now perform with a professional company called Soul Escape. Some of my dance dreams are to make Rockettes, Perform with a contemporary company, SYTYCD or DWTS, tour with a convention, and teach/choreograph around the world – but I’d take the nation.
4. I travel frequently and love it with my whole entire heart!! I feel so blessed to have seen so much of this beautiful world and hope to see more and more! I love seeing new places, experiencing new culture, trying new food, getting lost in pretty places, and truly wandering. Follow along as I travel to Jerusalem for 4 months come January 11th!
5. No, I do not have kids, and no I am not married! I have 5 older siblings, all married, 4 with kids, 9 nieces and nephews, and 12 very strong opinions (Having 5 siblings + in laws + parents makes for a lot of “moms” ;). But, I’m honestly obsessed with my family. They are my very best friends, the best examples, and my greatest cheerleaders. Spending time with them is one of my favorite past times. I post pictures of and with my nieces and nephews a lot because I love them so much, but no they are not mine. They call me Gigi so if you see #aunt gigi you now know why!
6. I go to school at Brigham Young University, studying photography with a dance minor. I graduate in April and am very torn as to how I feel about it. I’m excited and scared all at the same time. Let me know if you ever need pictures done.
7. I started this blog about 4 years ago and have loved every second of it. It allows me to share my life, be creative, artistic, Share my love of fashion, life, travel, beauty, photography, and all things Meg. I really try to be an influence for good and an advocate of self love. I love all the people i’ve got to meet and work with throughout this process and hope to meet more!! So please, I would love it if you left a comment and introduced yourself!
These are just a few of the questions I often get, but i’d love to get more! Send in your questions and I’ll try my best to answer all of them!